I’ve fallen way behind on my posting. Here’s to trying to catch up!
In January and February I concentrated on getting the orange Porsche 944 track car ready for its 2015 track season. In my previous post I discussed changing out the rod bearings. There were of course a number of other things that I did, much as I would between events but with a few extras thrown in.
One of the extras was changing out the rubber parts on the brake calipers. It had been 4 years since I did them last. None of the piston seals were faulty, evidenced by no leaks. The rubber dust covers were mainly shot. I feel better having done this bit of service.
Other accomplishments were:
- Close inspection of engine for loose, damaged, or missing parts (none found)
- Close inspection of all suspension parts for wear or damage (none found)
- Verified torque on all suspension parts
- Bled brake fluid, including clutch
- Oil and filter change (Mann filter, Valvoline 20W-50 racing blend full synthetic)
- Reset front camber to 2 degrees
- Reset front toe to 1/16″ toe-in
- Re-wired windshield wiper to a slower speed
- Replaced air filter
- Checked and regapped spark plugs
And that was about it. I have a lot of crazy ideas about major improvements. Having a day job that keeps me on the road all week, I decided to keep it simple this year.
I guess it all worked out to the good. I took the car to VIR in early April with the Tar Heel Sports Car Club. It did great with no issues!
Comments are closed.